Cédric Walter | Oct 8, 2020 | 0
Why You should not trust Microsoft antispyware!
Strange the definition itself of spyware (Wikipedia) is changing at Microsoft Headquarter constantly…
Microsoft sets Claria to "Ignore" where a person explains in its blog how Microsoft decide to change the level of threat of a spyware company (Claria) from quarantine to ignore. So there is only 2 possibility for me:
- 1. Claria is not a spyware company anymore, I dont think so since Gator spyware is still their main product,
- 2. Claria fund/discuss with X for not blocking them,
I find this revolting to say the least, and that is why I do not trust Microsoft antispyware program (and You shouldn’t as well) but better rely on some free, and/or open source variants: (the more You run the better protection You have)
- Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal – Freeware Version
- Spybot – Search & Destroy – Free software, one of the better spyware removers available with immunization and real-time filter
- HijackThis – Offers utilities to manually select the removal of spyware. A tool for more advanced users.