Installing a neo geo emulator under linux
GnGeo is a NeoGeo emulator for #Linux (and maybe some other UNIX).
It use the following cpu core:
- The 68k core from the Generator project by James Ponder.
- Starscream 680×0 emulation library by Neill Corlett.
- Raze Z80 emulator by Richard Mitton.
- Z80 Mame core from the Mame project.
- YM2610 Mame core by Tatsuyuki Satoh.
You need to unzip the NeoGeo romset in /usr/share/gngeo in order to make it work. You will have to google a little bit, search for “neogeo bios rom” or download them at Spooman homepage or use emule (P2P).
Copy NEO-GEO.ROM, ng-lo.rom, ng-sfix.rom and ng-sm1.rom to /usr/share/gngeo as root.
GnGeo 0.6.5.2 now has an experimental gui. You will find a menu entry in KDE/System/GnGeo.
Please see the /usr/share/doc/packages/gngeo/sample_gngeorc for more information on how to use NeoRageX style Hotkeys.