Cédric Walter | Oct 8, 2020 | 0
SecurityImages and Joomla! 1.5
Some words about #Joomla! 1.5 and my components
I have translated blindly Securityimages 4.2.3 from #Joomla! 1.X to Joomla! 1.5 just by making it work, so the install work and minimal change are done.
This has the following advantages:
- Migration of code is done by doing minimal changes to the code, header for security, going through Mysql factories, using new function for menu
- No changes done in the API, previous 3rd party components which are working in legacy mode, will still work: Virtuemart, #Joomla board, RSGallery2, FacileForms, DFContact, fireboard, Phil-A-Form v1.6.2, SMF integration, JA Submit, JUser, DT Register, Akobook, Opencomment jst to name a few….
- Not using the MVC model right now
This version is nearly existing NOW (but with admin panel problem), I call it Securityimages 5.0, I am working on it this afternoon, and maybe tommorow evening as well
- will use the MVC model of Joomla! 1.5
- will break compatibility with existing applications
This version DO NOT EXIST right now, but let’s call it Securityimages 6.0