SecurityImages 6.0.2 for Joomla! 1.6/1.7/2.5
Protect any #Joomla! forms with CAPTCHA. SecurityImages has been written a long time ago, born in 2004, first running under Mambo then rapidly #Joomla! 1.0, 1.5 till today in #Joomla! 1.6
For all those that still don’t know what a CAPTCHA is:
A CAPTCHA is a program that can tell whether its user is a human or a computer. You’ve probably seen them — colorful images with distorted text at the bottom of Web registration forms. CAPTCHAs are used by many websites to prevent abuse from "bots," or automated programs usually written to generate spam. No computer program can read distorted text as well as humans can, so bots cannot navigate sites protected by CAPTCHAs.
- Joomla 2.5 ready!
- Has been tested on #Joomla! 1.6/1.7 and 2.5
- Update NuCaptcha API to the latest version,
- Fix a regression where NuCaptcha was not working properly on register page,
- This new version 6.0.2 is allowing you to use SecurityImages in all forms that use JForm, even in 3rd party components that are not specifically written to support any forms protections,
- A new debug flag has also been added that write a file at /logs/plg_system_securityimages.php
Download / Documentation / Support
To update your extension, Download the latest copy, uninstall from Extensions → Install / Uninstall → Plugin and install with the fresh copy.