Cédric Walter | Oct 8, 2020 | 0
scratching my head in mediawiki code
I work 2 hours on the integration of my framework securityimages (CAPTCHA) into the latest stable version of MediaWiki 1.5.4. Right now the code is not far away from working, in fact I hit the complexity of MediaWiki framework (a huge and well written code, but huge huge)
I am able to:
- I have create an extension with my latest code of securityimages for #Joomla 2.2.7
- I can locate a tag <check></check> in articles, ideally it should be an inputbox, but for a prof of concept, it is more than enough…
- Check a captcha for exactitude, but can’t insert the image into the editing page (which is of course a requirement)
- The structure of plugins, background and dynamic of code is preserved!
- No admin panel but the original config file ( text file)
If any developer of wikimedia read this, and want to help, You can contact me. I have the technology to bring captcha security (which is relative remembr there is some OCR program to defat them) very fast.
List of existing MediaWiki extensions