Popular Articles with Thumbnails for Joomla!
This is a drop in replacement for the #Joomla! core module “Popular Articles”, it offer the same level of features but also add thumbnails.
- Joomla! 1.5 use mod_articles_popular_thumb_j15.zip
- Joomla! 1.6 and above use mod_articles_popular_thumb_j15_j16.zip
New features are in yellow
- For #Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7
- CSS driven output (file located at media/mod_articles_popular_thumb/css.css), feel free to submit changes, alternate CSS layout.
- Use #Joomla caching for best performances,
- Thumbnails width and height can be specified,
- Thumbnails are automatically extracted from the text introduction. If no image is found, a default picture can be defined
- You can switch off separately the title, text teaser and thumbnails,
- The length of the text teaser and ending (»/…/ read more) can be modified in the administrator panel,
- It is based on the code of the internal #Joomla! core module mod_mostread.
This module use TimThumb 2.8.0 that must be installed as a #Joomla! library
- Install lib_TimThumb_j16_j17.zip for #Joomla! 1.6 / 1.7 using the installer
- For #Joomla! 1.5, unpack lib_TimThumb_j15.zip in /libraries/
TimThumb is a simple, flexible, PHP script that resizes images. You give it a bunch of parameters, and it spits out a thumbnail image that you can display on your site.
Example of output
With title, text teaser or only with thumbnails. Any combinations is possible.