Cédric Walter | Oct 8, 2020 | 0
MyGuestBook will replace Akobookplus…
The code has been rewritten, simplified and is now using #Joomla! controller pattern. MyGuestBook is an open source (GPL v3) #Joomla guest book component with spam protection and many customization options. For those of you interested in switching from other guest book components there is an import feature, which in this version can import entries from Akobook v3.42 or Akobookplus 5.1.2
You will get the stability of a 4 years old #Joomla! component combined with the latest #Joomla! 1.5 API.
Release H – 2 days
- Build in AdSense, AdBrite any Cost per Mille (CPM) or Cost Per click (CPC)
- Possibility to add a maximum of 3 advertisements.
Switch from one theme to the other in one click. MyGuestbook support all Smiley’s from phpbb-design with less coding effort
- Mail function is UTF8 capable.
- Native Joomla 1.5 support! NO legacy mode not needed!
- Stick to the standard: fully XHTML 1.0 compliance
Protection against spammers
- SecurityImages support for creating Captcha and avoiding spammers to make some silly entries
- recaptcha.net support for creating Captcha and getting rid of spammers,
- Akismet filters to remove any suspicious comment automatically without user hassles or admin overhead,
- Mail are protected in front end from spammers/spiders/bots by being encrypted by mailhide.recaptcha.net Users are forced to solve a captcha before being able to read the email address.
- People adding their site to the guestbook entry wont get any better ranking, thus because now all homepage links have an additional rel=”nofollow” tags
- HTML forms are protected against replaying attacks, and blind bots submit.
Many languages are supported
- Available languages for Front end: English, Swedish, Dutch, German (informal), German (formal), German (informal), French, Portuguese, Serbian (latin charset), Norwegian, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Spanish, Russian, Turkish, Romanian
- Available languages for back end: English.
Easy import from previous GuestBook
- Import entries from Akobook and EasyBook.
- Support Smiley’s theme, one switch in backend to change all Smiley’s!
Front end admin functions
- Super Administrators and Administrators are allowed to edit and delete entries in the front end.
- Configurable whether all, some or no HTML should be stripped from entries entered from the front end.
- Admin can define which HTML tags are allowed in entries.
Back end admin functions
- You can edit, comment, publish, un-publish, search for entries
A lot of settings in a layout like a native Joomla! core component
- Works with Register Global turned off,
- Conformity to Joomla! 1.5 framework.
- Check with one click if you have the latest version for improve security!
NEW: Direct link to forum for support.
NEW: Direct link to version manager for checking if you have the latest version.