HOW to make your own patches for securityimages
Just in case I take too much time to deliver a ready to use download, duration 5 minutes, but you need to understand basic php coding
- Create a temporary directory c:\patch
- Copy an existing patch distribution, under a new name
For example, lets download #Joomla_1.5.13-Stable-Full_PackageForSecurityImages5.1.x_v01.01.00.zip into c:\patch\ and copy it to c:\patch\Joomla_1.5.14-Stable-Full_PackageForSecurityImages5.1.x_v01.01.00.zip
- Download the latest full zip package of #Joomla that target the patch (here 1.5.14), so I download Joomla_1.5.14-Stable-Full_Package.zip and save it in the same directory c:\patch\
- Now download a free trial copy of Beyond compare from www.scootersoftware.com and install this great application
- Select the 2 zip files, and right click “compare”
- Now it is like a game, on the left side, you have you patch that need to be updated with the latest #Joomla! core changes, just edit every file present on the left and update line that are new or changed till you are finished. Luckily there is only 14 files to merge
- Test the result in a #Joomla test instance.
I do this for you at each release of #Joomla!