Cédric Walter | Oct 8, 2020 | 0
Akismet4Joomla 1.5.1 for Joomla 1.5
How Akismet work?
When a new comment, trackback, or pingback comes to your blog it is submitted to the Akismet web service which runs hundreds of tests on the comment and returns a thumbs up or thumbs down.
Read Akismet site for more details
What does this plugin do?
This #Joomla! component is UNUSABLE alone: other components HAVE TO USE IT. Consider this component as a Framework. It help other developers integrate Akismet in their code. This component is simply a bridge, hiding Akismet details and providing an unified way to use Akismet in #Joomla 3rd party component code.
NEW: Slider administrator panel.
NEW: Native #Joomla! 1.5 plugin, no need to install in legacy mode.
NEW: Checking now the validity of your Akismet key, see screenshot below
NEW: check for proper operations, test individually comments, see screenshot below
NEW: Fully translated, including manuals, help and troubleshootings
NEW: New API more like in #Joomla! 1.5, but the old one is still working
require_once (_JOOMLA_AKISMET_ADMIN_BASE . ‘/akismetJoomlaAPI.php’);
$JoomlaAkismetAPI = #JoomlaAkismetAPI::getJoomlaAkismetAPI();
- Performance – changed HTTP version from 1.1 to 1.0 (with thanks to Jan De Poorter).
- Performance – No longer issues a separate HTTP request to check validity of the API key with every instantiation.
- Added a new public method ‘isKeyValid’ to manually check validity of the API key passed to the constructor.
- The method ‘isCommentSpam’ (rather than the constructor) will now throw an exception if the API key is invalid.
- Tidied up internal structure a bit.
Go to my download section to grab it