Cédric Walter | Oct 8, 2020 | 0
Fully Time Deterministic Java
The AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics) paper [.pdf] plan to use java (For cost reasons) for safety-critical missions. The first fully time-deterministic and open-source library for #Java: Javolution is ready to fight!
Javolution real-time goals are simple: To make your application faster and more time predictable!
That being accomplished through:
- High performance and time-deterministic (real-time) util / lang / text / io / xml base classes.
- Context programming in order to achieve true separation of concerns (logging, performance, etc).
- A testing framework addressing not only unit tests but also performance and regression tests as well.
- Straightforward and low-level parallel computing capabilities with ConcurrentContext.
- Struct and Union base classes for direct interfacing with native applications (e.g. C/C++).
- World’s fastest and first hard real-time XML marshalling/unmarshalling facility.
- Simple yet flexible configuration management of your application.
Top 10 Reason to make a try:
- Javolution classes are simple to use, even simpler than most JDK classes. You don’t need to guess the capacity of a TextBuilder, FastTable or a FastMap, their size expand gently without ever incurring expensive resize/copy or rehash operations (unlike
- Developers may achieve true separation of concerns (e.g. logging, configuration) through Context Programming or by using classes such as Configurable.
- Javolution classes are fast, very fast (e.g. Text insertion/deletion in
- All Javolution classes are hard real-time compliant and have highly deterministic behavior (in the microsecond range). Furthermore (unlike the standard library), Javolution is RTSJ safe (no memory clash or memory leak when used with #Java Real-Time extension).
- Javolution makes it easy for concurrent algorithms to take advantage of multi-processors systems.
- Javolution‘s real-time collection classes (map, list, table and set) can be used in place of most standard collection classes and provide numerous additional capabilities.
- Any #Java class can be serialized/deserialized in XML format in any form you may want, also no need to implement Serializable or for the platform to support serialization
- Javolution provides Struct and Union classes for direct interoperability with C/C++ applications.
- Javolution runs on any platform from the simplest J2ME CLDC 1.0 with no garbage collector to the latest J2EE 5.0 with parameterized types.
- Javolution is a pure Java Solution (no native code), small (less than 300 KBytes jar file) and free; permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software is freely granted, provided that copyright notices are preserved (BSD License).