Cédric Walter | Oct 8, 2020 | 0
Social ranking: a new way to estimate the social value of your site
Social ranking is crucial because it can be thought of as a measurement of your influence as far as social networks go. I found a site while Googling that try to measure this social value. it is always good to know where you are, and how you compare to others.
BuildStats will provide you with free site information for your or a competitors’ site, using multiple resources. The site information will highlight on page and off page SEO and well as social resources that track your site’s popularity across the web. To get free site information, enter your domain in the bar above.
Interesting are some figures of my home page, like indexed pages in some search engine
- Google: 7,120 pages
- Yahoo!: 46,200 pages
- Bing: 35,300 pages
waltercedric.com Social Rank: 3/10
but what catch my eyes was the estimated value: $ 2,058,000 (Value (beta): $2,058,000), yes 2 MILLIONS DOLLARS 🙂
The most popular site out there are for sure pushing the algorithm to a crash:
- Joomla.org Social Rank: 10/10 Value (beta): sky high
- Techcrunch.com Social Rank: 10/10 Value (beta): unknown
- engadget.com Social Rank: 10/10 Value (beta): unknown
- osnews.com Social Rank: 10/10 Value (beta): unknown
This has giving me news ideas for my site, as I have currently issues to answer questions into my forums, build server are not running fully, My Atlassian Jira is not used as I would like..
Starting next week, I have decide to improve my social network:
- Unified login across all my subdomains (27 but only 6 require a logging). Log only once and profit from Wiki, forums, Jira, build server, demo servers
- Allow you to log yourself into my #Joomla! so I will be able to send you all a newsletter once a months,
- Promoting RSS feed, not all users know how to register, a Forums RSS feed would be nice for me,
- A Real-time board where you will be able to chat with me when I am online (I will make a try, hope to not be flooded)
- Eventually a paid support channel for my #Joomla! component, will be cheap, it is more to limit support requests as I don’t need really money but more time!
- Finish hopefully my #Joomla! developer environment and offer it as a download.