Cédric Walter | Oct 8, 2020 | 0
Ready to help Google a little bit when it crawl your site?
A Google Sitemap is an XML file in the Sitemap format which contains a list of all pages of your Web site, and additional information such as the last-modified date, and how frequently they change.
Let’s invest 5 minutes in a solution for #Joomla and Mambo…
- Go to https://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps and create a google account if you do not have one already.
- Download the file Google Sitemap for Mambo at http://mambo.medspan.info/downloads/17.mambo
- I personaly have renamed the file using a UUID, in order to harden security (the file do not do something special but anyway) I prefer not to have the same filename as million of people jsut in case of 😉
- Upload this file to the root directory of #Joomla/Mambo
- Verify by giving in a browser the location of file, you receive an XML file (if not something is wrong)
- add the URL in the panel of Google sitemap