Google: some books worth reading
Some interesting book that draw my attention:
- Google secrets: How to get a top ranking, ebook by Dan Sisson. A how-to guide for getting your website ranked in the top 10 on the Google search engine. 109 pages full of tips, best practices, checklists, and samples. I found that it is also available as PDF here for Ex. A website is also available with some extract of the book, extended chapter summary. In the meantime, I discover a lot of litterature on the subject:
- Google Hacks: 100 Industrial-Strength Tips & Tools
by Tara Calishain, Rael Dornfest (Oreilly ISBN: 0596004478). review [amazon]
- How to Do Everything with Google (McGraw-Hill Osborne Media ISBN: 0072231742) review [amazon]
- The Google cluster (Published by the IEEE Computer Society 0272-1732/03/$17.00 Ã 2003 IEEE) an interesting paper with a lot of figures which try to determine the number of machine, used by google. As always, full of superlatives (read power consumption chapter)
- Googled is a collaborative blog which try to write a book online (start in 2003). Readers can submit freely ideas, information and comments. Seems dead now and outdated
- Google is also though Google’s labs releasing some top informations about their technologies that make them the best search engine today.
- Let me finish this news with some FREE tips and feature descriptions provided by the king itself Google features
for finishing, a very good internet portal http://www.pandia.com/
Happy googling 😉
You can also try Google AdWords: You market your own site, or an affiliate marketing site, via the Google AdWords program and Google AdSense: You get paid by Google to put AdWords ads on your own site. They makes sure that all of the ads that run on your site are relevant to the type of content you have on your site.
200 million searches per day, 100,000 advertisers