Google desktop enterprise edition is out!
|What are the features of Google desktop enterprise edition, and why You may prefer use it, as a simple user, to the Google desktop public edition|
- It is free! as all other Google search products…
- It support web history of the most famous alternate web browser: Firefox!
- It can search on all drive, and be connect to the a Google appliance server (if Your company has put one in its intranet)
- The data created by google desktop search on your disk are encrypted… (by which cipher this is unknow 🙁 )
- It is reading a lot more enterprise files, like …. Lotus Notes mail! Yeah after 3 years of use, I can drop the catastrophical built in search of Lotus Notes!!! and
Outlook, Outlook Express, Netscape Mail, Mozilla Mail and Thunderbird for naming a few…
- Native support of PDF, MP3, image, audio and video files are also supported while You need to install some plugins in the Google desktop public edition.
- The premium support Costs are described here.
It can be download free of charge at http://desktop.google.com/enterprise/
Last but not least, to unleash the power of Google desktop, some internet page are providing some very good tips an tricks like for example: Google Desktop Search Tips
Happy Googling! 🙂