• agile.development


    Starting from now on, I will deliver all my latest (unstable) extensions versions through  my continuous build server. All request or bugs discovery that are requested in my forums and solved will lead to a new build that you will be able to download a lot faster than before.

    Thanks to Maven for PHP, I can now commit, 60 seconds later, unit test run and  the result is a direct download for my extensions snapshots.







    Here is an example with the module mod_related_thumb_items

    Head to

    Locate the module or component you are interested in:


    Click on the latest build, must be  Success


    If this build is a direct answer to a support request in my forums, or solve an issue, You should be able to see in changes the commit description, and even which file have been changed after and before the commit.


    But Hey! you want to download this latest build now, go to artifact


    Staying  on the edge by using RSS

    You can monitor any build by using the RSS icon in your browser toolbar, or example with this module, it would be

    This way of downloading the latest extensions do not replace the page where there is there only stable versions.

    The next step is to make the maven phase “site” work (I have issue with phpdocumentor not found), this will create automatically a internet site in one of my sub-domains ad hide this complexity.

  • apache_maven

    This issue has turn me upside down a long time. In fact in the official Google Group I was not the only one to have this issue.

    I did try the following, and it is always good to check first

    • Checking PHP version,
    • Starting Maven with -X for having more debug information
    • Testing it in Eclipse + M2Eclipse on windows, was working there,
    • Comparing calculated PHP include path on Windows and Linux: they were identical in this case

    Only my Linux box was not working. . .(

    After that I did materialize the eclipse project of maven-php-plugin and even built a custom version that I’ve deployed without any effort to my Artifactory (

    And what is the solution?

    it my server configuration and paranoia :-)

    open your php.ini, ideally the right one, don’t put your server at risks: You may have many under Linux, especially if you use plesk or cpanel 

    • cli at /etc/php5/cli/php.ini
    • apache2, /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
    • fastcgi at /etc/php5/fastcgi/php.ini

    location most of the time


    and add the directory where your build server make a checkout...

    ; open_basedir, if set, limits all file operations to the defined directory
    ; and below.  This directive makes most sense if used in a per-directory
    ; or per-virtualhost web server configuration file. This directive is
    ; *NOT* affected by whether Safe Mode is turned On or Off.
    open_basedir = /www/vhosts:/tmp:/xxxx/yyyy/

    Next step is to put Joomla! 1.6 and all their PHPUnit tests a run along with Selenium. May also need to  patch Maven for PHP to better support Tests reporting like Surefire.