apache_maven

This issue has turn me upside down a long time. In fact in the official Google Group http://groups.google.de/group/maven-for-php/ I was not the only one to have this issue.

I did try the following, and it is always good to check first

  • Checking PHP version,
  • Starting Maven with -X for having more debug information
  • Testing it in Eclipse + M2Eclipse on windows, was working there,
  • Comparing calculated PHP include path on Windows and Linux: they were identical in this case

Only my Linux box was not working. . .(http://teamcity.waltercedric.com)

After that I did materialize the eclipse project of maven-php-plugin and even built a custom version that I’ve deployed without any effort to my Artifactory (http://maven.waltercedric.com)

And what is the solution?

it my server configuration and paranoia :-)

open your php.ini, ideally the right one, don’t put your server at risks: You may have many under Linux, especially if you use plesk or cpanel 

  • cli at /etc/php5/cli/php.ini
  • apache2, /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
  • fastcgi at /etc/php5/fastcgi/php.ini

location most of the time

/etc/php5/cli/php.ini

and add the directory where your build server make a checkout...

; open_basedir, if set, limits all file operations to the defined directory
; and below.  This directive makes most sense if used in a per-directory
; or per-virtualhost web server configuration file. This directive is
; *NOT* affected by whether Safe Mode is turned On or Off.
open_basedir = /www/vhosts:/tmp:/xxxx/yyyy/

Next step is to put Joomla! 1.6 and all their PHPUnit tests a run along with Selenium. May also need to  patch Maven for PHP to better support Tests reporting like Surefire.