- Category: Joomla
cedThumbnails 2.6.1 for Joomla 2.5 will be soon available!
- Remove code support for joomla 1.5 (support for Joomla 1.5 ended in April 2012)
- Filter Featured Articles, you can now decide to show, hide or only display features articles.
- Filter by user access has been improved to match Joomla 2.5 API,
- Filter by Language of the visiting user,
- Filter Published or not articles can now be configured (default is only to display published articles). Published date of categories is also now handle correctly,
- Possibility to remove title below the thumbnails in plugins and modules,
- Improved CSS size,
- Support for 2.5.8 and onward: Ported Related articles, Latest articles and popular articles modules to the latest Joomla 2.5.9 API interface.
- Reorganize settings for more clarity (plugins and modules),
- Caching added for more performances in modules,
- New settings to remove the copyright remove "ced thumbnails" text&160; underneath related article plug in,
- Code validated against PHP standard PSR-1/PSR-2.
- Better new Joomla installer (minimum inspired by K2)
JImage now support also resize strategy
- JImage::SCALE_FILL - Gives you a thumbnail of the exact size, stretched or squished to fit the parameters (default).
- JImage::SCALE_INSIDE - Fits your thumbnail within your given parameters. It will not be any taller or wider than the size passed, whichever is larger.
- JImage::SCALE_OUTSIDE - Fits your thumbnail to the given parameters. It will be as tall or as wide as the size passed, whichever is smaller.
- JImage::CROP - Gives you a thumbnail of the exact size, cropped from the center of the full sized image.
Only allow resize of images located on host names starting with&160; (separated by semicolon).&160; I recommend you to use this feature when using WideImage&160; and put at least the following:
Which resize method should I Use?
JImage (Native library in Joomla 2.5 and up) Only pictures of your root server can be resized.
WideImage: Support resize of pictures located on your server and remote server (like youtube.com, remote galleries)
BUG: Caption of the image should be the title of the post&160; (html tag title=””)
BUG:&160; If caching = false and resized file exist, thumbnails were not created under some special conditions
BUG: Invalid SQL queries are produced under some conditions. Some people reported some issues with queries produced by cedThumbnails. This has been solved by rewriting the way the extension create SQL queries. Warning: mysqli_real_escape_string() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in libraries/joomla/database/database/mysqli.php on line 157 / line 150
BUG: Abnormal load and memory exhausted under some conditions
You might like also
! Project and the Production Leadership Team are proud to announce the release of Joomla! 3.6 as the latest in the 3.x series. Joomla! 3.6 introduces more than 400 improvements, including many features which make administration of Joomla
! Web sites easier and more feature-rich, as well as many UX (user experience) improvements. Joomla! 3 is the latest major release of the Joomla
! CMS, with 3.6 the seventh standard-term support release in this series. Please note that going from 3.5 to 3.6 is …
1135 Days ago
RAD Rapid application development (RAD) is a software development methodology that uses minimal planning in favor of rapid prototyping. Something that was really slowing me a lot and making any builds or changes in my extensions a real pain to maintain was the packaging of code spread in the joomla tree. I did create numerous custom Phing builds to automate and reduce these pains (Phing is heavily derived from Apache ANT) and 2 months ago Joomla-packager was born! My Joomla-packager …
2184 Days ago
This small plugin for Joomla
! add a message inviting iPhone/iPad users to add the web application to the home screen. Add2Home has been updated to version 1.7.5 correct 1 bugs for Joomla
2.5 /3.0 / 3.1. For existing users the update will display in the Extensions Manager under Updates. If you do not have this currently installed, you can click the link below and install as normal via the Extensions Manager. New ideas/features/bugs are always welcomed either through forums or …
2184 Days ago
Full support for Joomla 3.1 has been added to the project “Schema Validation for Joomla
Extensions” (GitHub), tested with all 113 manifests of Joomla 3.1.5! (components, modules, plugins and templates) Without them, Joomla
accept any entry in manifest xml and never complains about Mistyping, like a valid xml but that the Joomla
installer do not understand or only partially, Wrong constructs, xml tag child misplaced, Invalid data type, like a path not being a valid path, an …
2194 Days ago
cedThumbnails has been updated to version 2.6.4 for Joomla
2.5/3.0/3.1. For existing users the update will display in the Extensions Manager under Updates. If you do not have this currently installed, you can click the link below and install as normal via the Extensions Manager. New ideas/features/bugs are always welcomed either through forums or by using feedback …
2205 Days ago
SocialSharingLive has been updated to version 3.1.5 correct increase compatibility and contains five new important feature for both Joomla
2.5 and Joomla
3.x. For existing users the update will display in the Extensions Manager under Updates. If you do not have this currently installed, you can click the link below and install as normal via the Extensions Manager. SocialSharingLive add automatically to any article a set of social icons that let your reader increase your social ranking. It support: Twitter, …
2206 Days ago
Why you may consider migrating away from cedTag? Joomla 3.1.x has a better build in internal tags solution that differ from cedTag: Joomla com_tags support multi languages, Joomla com_tags support tags hierarchy, Joomla is build in Joomla
core which mean a clear roadmap and better support. It still miss some nice features of cedTag, but the may be added by me or somebody else in the future! In order to move away from cedTag and import all …
2206 Days ago
Remove cedtag before updating to Joomla
3.1! My extension cedtag is now colliding with the internal component name of Joomla
Tag! both are named com_tags! You wont loose any data by removing cedtag, cedtag databases tables will remains allowing to do a migration later to the internal com_tags of Joomla! A migration path is documented and will be posted shortly. …
2206 Days ago
This small plugin for Joomla
! add a message inviting iPhone/iPad users to add the web application to the home screen. Add2Home has been updated to version 1.7.3 for Joomla
2.5/3.0/3.1. For existing users the update will display in the Extensions Manager under Updates. If you do not have this currently installed, you can click the link below and install as normal via the Extensions Manager. New ideas/features/bugs are always welcomed either through forums or by using feedback What’s new? …
2227 Days ago
This extension for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.0 allow you to inline a set of images from your favorite online gallery: Smugmug, Flickr, Picasa, Gallery2/Gallery3 and YouTube or any RSS feed in any article. To update your extension, either download the latest extension packages from the download section of cedphotofeed or update via the Joomla
Extensions Update interface. You can visit also the blog of cedPhotofeed for joomla What’s New NEW Support for RokBox 2.0, use under Rendering “RokBox 2”, …
2264 Days ago