All You have to do is to specify the gateway and DNS in the dashboard. If XBMC configuration file (e:/appsXBMCXboxMediaCenter.xml) do not contains any gateway or DNS it will use the dashboard settings.
- Set the Internet settings in the dashboard. OR
- Set the Internet settings in XBMC
- A is a FIX IP adress assign by the router to the XBOX
- B is a constant. aka always the same value: 255.255.255.0
- C is the IP adress of my router gateway, it should be as default 192.168.1.0 for NetGear and 192.168.1.1 for US robotics. Default Gateway and DNS MUST have the same adress. The DNS function is explained here [Wikipedia]
2: Set the Internet settings in XBMC.
go into the settings panels of XBMC under internet protocol
Choose A if you already set the DNS, gateway, IP in the dashboard (point 1 above)
Choose B if you prefer to set the DNS, gateway, IP in XBMC (same values as in point 1 above)
Choose C if you prefer to let the system find DNS, gateway, IP, Your gateway must have DHCP enable!
If everything is working, You should:
- See some news (RSS) in the frontpage of XBMC,
- Be able to query the meteo status.
|I recommend you to set the IPadress here (for example 192.168.0.10) or use you router so your XBOX has always the same adress.|