I've bought yesterday (12.2005) a Saeco Incanto Sirius S class coffee system. After 10 coffees, I still prefer the Nespresso System (but it is too expensive), the coffee is good but not as great as the Nespresso system, on the other side:
- a kg of the best coffee cost 13 euro with that system...
- a kg of Nespresso capsule cost 100 euro!
A lot of people may answer that Nespresso may not only contains coffee, but aroma, I personally think that their machine has also a secret: if you take their coffee out the capsule and use it in a good espresso machine, you wont get as much coffee foam...strange isn't.
Why did I not take a JURA? I read 3 forums where many state that the only 2 main differences between a SAECO and a JURA are:
- The quantity of coffee brewed: 9Gr. (Saeco) Vs. 15Gr (Jura)
- Saeco give You more options and functionalities for the price on their machine...
Saeco's Incanto Sirius couples advanced technology and innovation-orientated research with an elegant and stylish design. The stainless steel and black design fits in any type of setting and the "no-fingermark stainless steel housing makes cleaning easy. Saeco's new Touch screen technology gives the machine a modern look, but the graphic display and icons give clear easy to follow instruction to make it simple to use. The Incanto Sirius is equipped with other innovative technologies such as SBS Saeco Brewing System to regulate coffee flow, ceramic grinding mechanism, new larger brewing group up to 12 gr. (same easy to remove, easy to clean brew group) for an extraordinary taste, aqua prima water filter and pannarello steam wand/frothing device.
- Touch Screen: This new exclusive innovation is available only in the Incanto S-Class Sirius model. Originally developed for mobile telephones, this new hi-tech interactive display has graphic display and icons, that let you prepare coffee and favorite drinks with a minimum effort and in just a few minutes. It comes with Sensitive Touch technology, which gives the machine its up-to-the-minute look and makes it easier to use, thanks to special icons giving clear, instant details.
- Saeco Brewing System (SBS): SBS allows you to make an infinite variety of coffee at the mere twist of a knob. In addition, the coffee dose in the extraction chamber is fully exploited, thanks to the pressure, which remains constant throughout the extraction cycle.
- New 12-gram Brewing Group: This provides a more intense coffee and an infinite choice of doses per cup. As always, the Saeco brew group is easy to remove, making the machine’s maintenance simple and effortless.
- Ceramic Grinder: This puts an end to grinding with metal components. Ceramic is inert, and thus ensures the best results without altering the flavor of the coffee. Moreover, it is perfectly safe to use with food.
- Cup-Warming Surface: The adjustable cup warming surface helps keep cups and espresso at an optimal temperature.
- Pre-grinding Dose: The pre-grinding dose allows you to make many drinks in a row in less time. With this feature, the machine anticipates the next brew by performing a pre-grinding process for the following cup during the current brew cycle.
- OptiDose: Allows you to adjust the amount of coffee ground from 6 grams to 9 grams of ground beans per brewing cycle.
- Programmable Brew Buttons: Allow you to customize your machine to brew single, double, and even long espresso shots at the push of a button.
- Dual Spout Dispensing Head: With the dual spout dispensing head, the espresso is divided evenly, so you can brew two cups simultaneously.
- Adjustable & Removable Dispensing Head: Allows for several different sized cups and mugs to be used.
- Saeco Aroma System: To optimize the coffee drinking experience, a special programmed step injects a small amount of hot water into the freshly ground coffee to start a pre-brewing process. This is done just before the actual brew cycle commences in order to extract the best elements from the coffee grounds.
- Rapid Steam: This reduces the normal waiting time between coffee brewing and steam output to just a few seconds.
- Articulated Pannarello Frothing Device: This makes getting that soft, velvety foam for a cappuccino fast and easy. Completely removable for easy rinsing, it offers flexibility and convenience when frothing milk.
- Hot Water Nozzle: Dispenses steaming water for tea, hot chocolate, and instant soups.
- Aqua Prima Water Filter: With this filter the number of flavor-altering substances found in water is reduced, and any micro-particles and impurities are filtered. The Aqua Prima filter also reduces the formation of lime scale, increasing the machine’s longevity.
- Automatic Descaling Cycle: Keeps the machine in perfect operating order. When prompted by the user, mineral build-up in the internal boiler can be dissolved and removed at the push of a button--no fuss, no mess.
- (deutsch) Bedienungsanleitung -
- (italiano) Manuale uso e manutenzione -
- (english) Operation and maintenance manual -
- (francais) Mode d'emploi