Cédric Walter | Oct 8, 2020 | 0
Single Sign On?
- http://www.waltercedric.com #Joomla (PHP) the site you are reading,
- http://wiki.waltercedric.com MediaWiki (PHP) as documentation hub,
- http://forums.waltercedric.com PhpBB3 (PHP ) as support forums,
- http://bamboo.waltercedric.com Bamboo (Java) as continuous build server,
- http://teamcity.waltercedric.com TeamCity (Java) as continuous build server,
- http://bugs.waltercedric.com JIRA (Java) as bug tracker,
- http://maven.waltercedric.com Artifactory (Java) as #Maven repository,
- http://demo2.waltercedric.com Demo server for #Joomla 1.5 stuff.
Each of the above domains/sub domains has its own registration and login process. I would like as soon as possible try to make people register only once and let them have an easy access to all these services.
Basically One solution would be likely to use OpenID
OpenID is an open, decentralized standard for user authentication and access control, allowing users to log onto many services with the same digital identity. As such, it replaces the common login process that uses a login-name and a password, by allowing a user to log in once and gain access to the resources of multiple software systems. [WikiPedia]
- Joomla, Bamboo, JIRA are able to use OpenID
- More than 200 million users worldwide
- Free implementation and sometimes even some ready to use plugin
1200 users are registered, and how do I migrate them all??? not all are active but I can just delete their account…