Cédric Walter | Oct 8, 2020 | 0
The Conversion kit contains
- Longer Tail Pipe (anodized blue)
- Longer Tail belt
- Solid engine mounts (anodized blue) in 2 parts
- Clutch shaft to suit 46-50 engine.
You also need to have
- 600 mm Main Rotor Blades.
- 46-50 size engine like TT50 or OS50 (<- recommended because of consistency)
- 46-50 size muffler, tuned pipe
- The conversion put a lot more stress on the rotor head, so check after each flight the plastic main grips but you may want to acquire a metal head from Quick-uk or Correct
It is recommended to have the following upgrades:
- Metal clutch as it may disperse better the heat produce by the slipping and is less prone to deformation than the plastic clutch.
- A better cooling fan like the one from Quick-uk or Correct because the .50 create a lot more heat.
- Radio flexing mods and good servo to have a tighter control system.
- Use a governor to avoid rotor over speeding during descent or when the pitch is near 0°
- Aside from a metal swash-plate and washout…
- Fuel consumption is 55% more than a .30
If you do not stress your helicopter with hard 3D, this mod is useless and the total cost of conversion (if you have no metal upgrades) can decide you to buy a real .50 class like the Raptor 50 or even a .60 class.