Cédric Walter | Oct 8, 2020 | 0
|"Team-XBMC and The XBMC Project is proud to announce the release of XboxMediaCenter 2.0.1. XBox Media Center (XBMC) is an award winning, free and open source media player for the Xbox game-console. XboxMediaCenter 2.0.1 point-release source code has now been set in our CVS, and all XBMC users are highly encouraged to upgrade to this version. Know that this point-release version marks the end of the 2.0 era of XBMC, there will be no more 2.0.x bug-fix point-releases. The next point-release of XBMC will be 2.1 (or maybe even 3.0), and it will probably be quite a while before that 2.1 (or 3.0) version sees the light of day with all new major features/functions we have planned for the future, (those who can not wait can always use the latest daily CVS of XBMC).|
|This XboxMediaCenter 2.0.1 point-release is a stable bug-fix version of the XboxMediaCenter 2.0.0 point-r elease, no major new features has been implemented, for a full list of fixed bugs and tweaks please read the changelog. (For a full list of all features/functions and codecs/formats supported by XBMC please visit the "XBMC Features and Supported Formats/Codecs" page in our online manual). Remember, Team-XBMC only maintain the XBMC source code, Team-XBMC does not release or distribute Xbox executable (XDK binaries), but the XBMC source code needs to be compiled with the XDK before it can be used on an Xbox, also note that XBMC requires a modded Xbox to run. Our thanks goes out to everyone who has tested, reported bugs, and helped fix them in order to make this release possible."|
The biggest problem is to obtain the binaries of XBMC, a famous Team T3CH is building binaries (althrough it is illegal to distribute binaries build by M$ development kit XDK). You’ll have to search quite a lot and be an advance Google user to find them. Anyway here is a direct link to a download page:
XBMC v2.0.1 Pointrelease by T3ch
—– 2.0.1 —–
– 11-11-2006 fixed: file listings over samba would not display proper dates.
– 07-11-2006 fixed: in folders wich only contain a video_ts folder, the folder wouldn’t stack to a single item.
– 07-11-2006 fixed: remote number keys must be mapped to buttons in the dvd when in dvd menu, some dvd’s make use of that.
– 07-11-2006 changed: better logging of failed mplayer attempts
– 03-11-2006 updated: Dutch language file (Thnx to MrNice).
– 03-11-2006 changed: XBMC.ResetSkinSettings() now resets the settings instead of removing them.
– 02-11-2006 changed: .flv files default to the dvdplayer
– 01-11-2006 fixed:  http api would not show errors for GetSystemInfo and GetSystemInfoByName
– 01-11-2006 fixed: random slideshow screensaver wouldnt always be random
– 01-11-2006 fixed: increased the speed of archive extraction a notch.
– 01-11-2006 changed: additional logging for replay-tv filesystem to hopefully figure out why it doesn’t work anymore for mplayer.
– 30-10-2006 changed: memory allocation for dll loader, saves around 100k
– 30-10-2006 changed: httpapi GuiSetting to accept String type by EQ2K
– 29-10-2006 changed: now disables navsounds during playback. behaviour can be reverted using advancedsettings.xml
– 26-10-2006 fixed: [ 1584930 ] useAvpackSettings broken. thanks to markeen.
– 25-10-2006 fixed: added some thread saneness to the hddsmart query.
– 25-10-2006 fixed: [ 1580744 ] Can’t Get PC DVD-ROM to Work Properly with Xbox Media Centre
– 25-10-2006 fixed: cosmetic bug in filemanager handling of rar files.
– 24-10-2006 fixed: .tbn file support for hard drive foldernames containing periods
– 23-10-2006 fixed: users with bad luck could end up with errors on initial opening dvd images or dvd’s (use of uninted variable). likely the start at 90 min in the movie syndrom
– 23-10-2006 fixed: potential segfault in libdvdnav.dll if a read returned 0 data.
– 23-10-2006 fixed: segfault in libsmbclient on invalid dates returned in a directory query (lan drives especially)
– 22-10-2006 added: httpapi QueryMusicDatabase command
– 22-10-2006 changed: httpapi SetResponseFormat to take multiple format pairs
– 21-10-2006 fixed: sets Media Source Name if blank for protocols instead of just being blank
– 20-10-2006 fixed: fixed the python threading exception when exiting a script
– 18-10-2006 fixed: resume video didn’t work if fps adjustment was used for ntsc video’s on pal systems
– 17-10-2006 fixed: [ 1577855 ] can’t handle some rar files correctly
– 17-10-2006 updated: norwegian language file.
– 17-10-2006 fixed: forgot to sort images in root of cbr/cbz files.
– 15-10-2006 fixed: httpapi TakeScreenShot download parameter now works
– 15-10-2006 fixed: httpapi GetCurrentSlide now returns "[None]" rather than an empty string if no slide is showing
– 15-10-2006 changed: httpapi Help command text has been updated and now includes a link to http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=WebServerHTTP-API
– 14-10-2006 fixed: scanning of multipath bookmarks would not prompt for "scan new" or "scan all"
– 13-10-2006 changed: keymap.xml: reintroduced ‘B’ as STOP while in videomenu since we didn’t have any way to exit out from dvdmenu with controller.
– 13-10-2006 fixed: http client wouldn’t report failure to open on 404 errors from server
– 11-10-2006 changed: better solution for multichar ftp listings, wich also fixes issues introduced in last attempt
– 11-10-2006 added: [ 1574092 ] New Infolabel Musicplayer.DiscNumber, thanks to buttergemuese.
– 11-10-2006 changed: Added building of Textures.xpr to build.bat, and removed Textures.xpr from CVS.
– 11-10-2006 fixed: Partymode would repeat tracks if the next song was unavailable (server offline etc.)
– 10-10-2006 fixed: ftp listings didn’t do the string charset -> utf8 conversion. ftp listings are not normally utf8 unless requested (and only a few servers support it)
– 10-10-2006 changed: Increased the seek timeout in RAR to 30 seconds to fix seeking over CCX with slow connection
– 10-10-2006 updated: Swedish language file finetuned by Blittan & Pike
– 09-10-2006 changed: Thumbnail loading in the playlists folder of library view is now background threaded.
– 09-10-2006 fixed: filenames on fat memory units wich where very long (required >6 vfat entries) would chop of last part in some cases.
– 09-10-2006 fixed: fat memory units with a sector size different from 512 would not load, now 512, 1024, 2048 and 4096 should be supported.
– 07-10-2006 updated: Russian language file (Thnx to que_)
– 07-10-2006 updated: Portuguese (Brazil) language file (Thnx to mvbm)
– 07-10-2006 updated: Hungarian language file (Thnx to sigismund)
– 07-10-2006 updated: Hebrew language file (Thnx to ookladek)
– 07-10-2006 updated: Dutch language file (Thnx to MrNice)
– 06-10-2006 fixed: Setting of viewport (for cropping scrolling text etc.) was not rotated correctly. We now use the rectangle that contains all the rotated coordinates.
– 06-10-2006 fixed: http urls pointing to nonexisting files would lockup on some servers due to them not returning an error
– 06-10-2006 fixed: ftp browsing with files/directory with non valid html url names, would fail.
– 05-10-2006 fixed: Changed RSS speed to a multiple of 0.5 pixels/frame for improved smoothness.
– 05-10-2006 fixed: [ 1571200 ] Arial.ttf subtitles not using subtitle position.
– 05-10-2006 fixed: Potential RSS control crash when removing the control while it’s updating.
– 04-10-2006 changed: Z: is erased on boot, due to many issues if it was full.
– 04-10-2006 fixed: Seekbar, Volume bar etc. would be unloaded when exiting from fullscreen video, causing them to vanish.
– 04-10-2006 fixed: Reloading skin while in My Music Songs would cause the progress dialog to show endlessly.
– 04-10-2006 fixed: memory stick shares were chooseable in the Add Source browser, even though they’re plug n play.
– 04-10-2006 fixed: special:// protocols (eg musicplaylists, cdrip etc.) always showed network overlays, even if they were local.
– 03-10-2006 fixed: Huge playlists would cause major GUI slowdowns whenever track was changed from the Now Playing window.
– 03-10-2006 fixed: Toggle button showed the incorrect label when using <usealttexture>
– 03-10-2006 fixed: the feh and the userdata wiping didn’t quite work as expected (i.e. it didnt work at all).
– 03-10-2006 fixed: if you canceled the ‘scan all / scan new’ dialog in the music window, it would still scan.
– 03-10-2006 fixed: ftp playback in mplayer where broken due to yet another url parsing mistake
– 03-10-2006 changed: Scrollspeed of RSS feeds the same in all resolutions.
– 03-10-2006 fixed: [ 1568300 ] Add/Edit Source Dialogue Remove all Paths bug.
– 02-10-2006 added: [ 1568369 ] Fix for strange characters in web interface. thx to benmat!
– 02-10-2006 fixed: [ 1568845 ] Unable to access Delete from context menu
– 02-10-2006 fixed: don’t allow preset locking if the visualisation has no presets.
– 02-10-2006 fixed: [ 1561317 ] Browse and load RAR:ed subtitles don’t work. also added zip support.
– 02-10-2006 fixed: browse for artist thumb was a pita.
– 01-10-2006 fixed: [ 1568291 ] Saving large playlist fails
– 01-10-2006 fixed: [ 1568607 ] XBMC 2.0.0 Web Control bookmarks
– 01-10-2006 fixed: [ 1568158 ] "Leave as Is" LED setting broken
– 30-09-2006 fixed: shoutcast genres with characters that isn’t allowed by http urls, would fail du to a huge result. ex R&b.