Cédric Walter | Oct 8, 2020 | 0
Antec Skeleton Design Case
Nice case especially since I got it for 1/3 of its price (40€ at the flea market: a bargain)
The Antec Skeleton is a truly revolutionary enclosure. With a unique design that allows for unprecedented airflow, a front 92mm fan, and a top three speed 250mm fan with multicolor LED customization, the Skeleton goes utterly unmatched in stylish cooling. Factor in the layered component trays for top-notch convenience, as well as the rack mount quality side rails, and you have a case truly without equal.
Nothing particular while mounting everything in the new case, it is quite fast to mount everything in the Antec Skeleton. Note that disks will be “hanging” on both side of the case. Quite unusual setup for your disks. The bottom level is for your power supply, hard drives, and CDROM drives if any. The upper level is for the motherboard and PCI cards. If your target is aesthetic (I did not took care in this first setup), cable routing can be a bit tedious and will take some time.
The big fan on top make the whole setup quite silent, it’s design, fully open (ready to collect dust would say some of you), top the heat accumulated in the case to near zero. The lighted 220mm top fan can be a bit distracting when it cycles through colors (blue-green-red) but it can be switch off. Three fan speed are available depending on your acceptance for level of noise.
The whole computer ready to display high definition videos, Since the case is fully open, there is some precaution to take: don’t drop any metal objects and liquid onto it or you will surely break something or worse!
And an overall picture of the Antec Skeleton case empty:
- 4 Drive Bays
• External 2 x 5.25¨
• Internal 2 x 3.5¨
• Optional 4 x 3.5¨ side panel mounted drive trays
- Layered tray design for greater system integration flexibility
- 8 Expansion Slots with room for 11 graphics cards and multiple graphic card solutions, including NVIDIA 3-way SLI®
- Cooling System:
• 1 top 250mm TriCool 3-speed multi color customizable LED Fan
• 1 front 92mm HD cooling fan
- Maximum video card size: 11″/279mm (Note: some video cards may require removal of the adjacent hard drive cage)
- Compatible Motherboards: Mini-ITX, microATX, Standard ATX
- Front ports: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x FireWire (IEEE1394), 1 x eSATA, Audio (AC97′ and HDA compatible) In and Out
- Rack mount quality side rails for greater durability
- 0.8mm cold rolled steel component tray and high density ABS frame reinforced with with 0.8mm cold rolled steel for durability
- No Power Supply included: To optimize performance of your Skeleton, your choice of power supply is crucial. Antec strongly recommends choosing from Signature or TruePower series.
- Unit Dimensions:
• 13″(H) x 14.8″(W) x 16.5″(D)
• 33 cm(H) x 37.6 cm(W) x 41.9 cm(D)
- Packaging Dimensions:
• 15.74″(H) x 18.11″(W) x 18.89″(D)
• 40 cm(H) x 46 cm(W) x 48 cm(D)
- Net Weight: 15.5 lb / 7.02 kg
- Gross Weight: 21.4 lb / 9.7 kg