Update JetBrains TeamCity in one click
A small script developed to upgrade TeamCity with no or less effort! a very simple script, easily extensible.
“TeamCity is a continuous integration and build management system. With TeamCity, you can set up a build server within minutes and enjoy out of the box continuous unit testing, code quality analysis, and early reporting on build problems — even without leaving your favorite IDE. TeamCity offers a gentle learning curve, so you can quickly improve your release management practices by gradually adopting its advanced features and capabilities.”
This script only work if
- You run TeamCity using the standalone package provided at http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/download/index.html#linux under #Linux
- You use MYSQL as an external DB
- You must run it as root (because getting the latest software with wget may not otherwise be possible)
- This script is not endorsed by JetBrains nor official.
- GNU/GPL version 3, use at your own risk, provided as IS
It must be safe to use, as
- It backup first your database
- it archive your existing TeamCity installation with a timestamp
- it also copy any customizations (server.xml, agent build.properties) you have made to the new installation
- It download automatically and extract teamcity
# ./updateTeamCity.sh newVersionNumber installPathHome
/home/teamcity > ./updateTeamCity.sh 4.5.4 /home/teamcity
Output of the script
stopping current TeamCity at /home/teamcity/TeamCity done! Read database settings from database.properties Moving current TeamCity /home/teamcity/TeamCity to /home/teamcity/TeamCity.20093830 done! Saving database to file system at /home/teamcity/TeamCity.20093830/teamcity.sql done! getting the latest version at http://download.jetbrains.com/teamcity/TeamCity-4.5.4.tar.gz done! Unpacking new version done! Copying previous customizations done! Copying required 3rd party librairies done! Copying local agent build.properties to new TeamCity done! Starting new TeamCity done!
Don’t expect more at the moment, it has been created to make the update of TeamCity faster for ME now. Feedback is appreciated, and improvement/ideas are always welcomed.