Release 1.1! Antispam components bundle for Joomla/Mambo
Anti Spam a set of components For #Joomla/Mambo in version 1.1
- com_log4php, (logging)
- com_hashcash, (using cryptographic hashcash)
- com_securityimages (CAPTCHA)
contains also modified versions of
- com_akobbok, (guestbook system)
- com_akocomment, (commenting system))
- com_contact (contact formular from core #Joomla/Mambo engine)
I want it!!!!
- Bundle Download available in section … "downloads"
- Documentation available online, click read more
- Feedback welcomed 🙂
I will this week as well:
- Create 2 new projects on Mamboforge: com_securityimages and com_bayesianNaiveFilter
- Commit the latest code to all 4 projects com_log4php, com_hashcash, com_securityimages and com_bayesianNaiveFilter
- Commit modified version of com_akobbok, com_akocomment, com_contact
com_bayesianNaiveFilter is a new component (core done admin panel done, localization done), I have to integrate it into some 3rd party components (com_akobbok, com_akocomment, com_contact)
Bayesian Naive Filter are spam filter that evaluates email message content to determine the probability that it is spam. Bayesian filters are adaptable and can learn to identify new patterns of spam by analyzing incoming email.. Instead of identifying subject line or headers of the email, Bayesian filter will review the content of the email to prevent or block spamming. Bayesian filtering is the process of using Bayesian statistical methods to classify documents into categories.
At the end of the day year #Joomla or Mambo will have 3 methods to protect its contents from spammers:
using captcha, using crypto hashkey, or with learning filters (all these methods can be defeat through)
Open Source? its all about choice! Enjoy.