Cédric Walter | Oct 8, 2020 | 0
Offertsystem VP deployed to production
Offertsystem VP (Système d’offres Prévoyance privée / Sistema di offerta Previdenza privata) is the new Life offering system of Helvetia Versicherungen and is using the latest technologies (Java, JSF, web services, Meta model of ecenter.solutions) to allow multiple user group: internal users, brokers, Raiffeisen Bank to better assist them in the process of selling Helvetia and Raiffeisen Life Insurance products.
This project has absorbed me and a team of 8 developer since last year October 2006…
- 9 developers involved (not all at the same time),
- 20 products instances using the ProductCatalog meta model, 16 insurances products being generated by a sort of compiler made of 220 classes using Host XML meta data (7 Mb)
- A shopping Cart model for storing disparate insurance products.
- A grand total of 1037 java classes,
- 105 xhtml facelets,
- One tag lib written containing 25 tags,
- 1 backend web service for calculation engine (UTF-8)
- 1 backend web service for the printing engine (IBM 1042)
- AjaxAnywhere, html tabs, tomahawk elements.
Thanks to the meta model and meta data saved in products, we are able to display an unknown number of attributes across the HTML and this without knowing their exact positions.
Common meta data saved in product at attributes level are:
Sort order, context sort order, visibility, context visibility, validations, context validations, mandatory, length, max length, type, grouping of attributes…