Developpers: Running Mambo into eclipse with no effort
- Eclipse is free, eclipse has a very good plugin for PHP development: PHPeclipse.
- Eclipse is working nicely with CVS (concurent versionning system), this is a good way to version any data on your production site.(pictures, configuration files, even mysql database etc…)
- Eclipse is working nicely with ANT, a kind of make, it can help for automating deployment of your site or automating some tasks
- Debugging, css, html validation, a way to look and version your work.
- Make sense if You’re a developer or really want to version Your internet page.
- Heavy approach: need to start #Eclipse to "play" with Your Site locally
- Need to install CVS under windows (a pain)
- Download eclipse from www.eclipse.org and install normally (it is a windows application): recommended e:\eclipse
- Download PHPeclipse from http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpeclipse and install normally (it is a windows application)
- Install a Java Development Kit from www.java.com recommended is jdk1.4.2_06
- Uncompress Mambo-Eclipse-v1.0.zip (download in www.waltercedric.com in download section Mambo) on a windows drive E: recommended in E:/Mambo/
Mambo-Eclipse-v1.0.zip contains: A ready to use eclipse workspace. Apache 1.3.33, PHP 4.3.10, MySql 4.1.9 et phpMyAdmin 2.6.1.
- Copy my.ini into c:\windows\
- Open the batch file startEclipseMambo.bat and change the location of jdk and eclipse binary (change accordingly what is in bold)
E:\eclipse\bin\r3.0\eclipse.exe -vm C:\j2sdk1.4.2_06\bin\javaw.exe -data "E:\Mambo" -showlocation
- Start eclipse by running the file startEclipseMambo.bat
- Copy Your data:
You already have a Mambo site You do not have any Mambo site Copy Your entire internet page (everything under the root (/)) with FTP
Copy Mambo from www.mamboserver.com and decompress zip file into
Start MySQL and Apache (see point 10.)
Point Your browser to http://localhost/installation/ and follow instruction
- If it is a fresh or a existing installation, in any case You must adapt the path in E:/Mambo/httpdocs/configuration.php
E:/Mambo/httpdocs/configuration.php $mosConfig_absolute_path = ‘E:/Mambo/httpdocs/’;
$mosConfig_live_site = ‘http://localhost/’;
$mosConfig_cachepath = ‘E:/Mambo/httpdocs/cache’;
- Start MySQL and Apache by clicking on each icon in eclipse
- If one of the component do no start correctly, verify the settings of PHPeclipse under the menu Windows – Preferences- PHPeclipse Web Development or look in the logs file (E:\Mambo\apache\logs\error.log)
- Point Your browser to
- http://localhost/mysql/ for starting the phpmyadmin admin console
- http://localhost/ for your site
Contact me or post coments if You need help. Soon install CVS under Windows or Linux Suse